Tuesday 28 October 2014

La Campagnuola #MonthlyMeal

I had heard A LOT of good things about La Campagnuola so that's where we went for October's monthly meal!

La Campagnuola is situated on Zetland Road in Bristol and is a family run restaurant serving "authentic, lovingly crafted Sicilian food."

Being the totally unorganised people we were, we forgot to book a table so bearing in mind that it was a Friday evening we were prepared to go elsewhere if there were no tables available. However, the staff were very lovely and cleared a table for us in just a few minutes!

Personally the drinks menu didn't really appeal to me so I ordered a diet coke, for £1.90 I thought the serving size was rather small.

For my main I ordered the Conca D'oro which is a pizza topped with tomato, mushroom, black olives, artichokes and mozzarella. Wasn't too sure if I was going to like it but turns out, it was pretty yummy. Quite a large portion so there's no way you wouldn't be full after that!

For desert I ordered the Torta Di Cioccolato which is a "Three of a kind Chocolate gateaux" which is basically really good chocolate cake topped with raspberries and a couple of strawberries. I think it was safe to say that healthy eating went right out the window that night! But it was definitely worth it! All in all the meal was delicious, staff were lovely and the bill was affordable.

So if anyone wants to have good Italian food in a friendly atmosphere where the prices aren't going to rob your bank then La Campagnuola is the place to be!

Click this link if you want to see the La Campagnuola website and menu :)

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own.

- - ★ - -

No comments:

Post a Comment